Funded by DEEWR (Department of Education,
Employment and Workplace Relations) and is a
"Not for Profit" organisation
New Horizons Employment has been operating in the Burdekin since 1989 and our objective is to obtain and maintain jobs for people with disabilities and barriers to employment, to provide on-the-job training and support and ensure our clients are paid 'award wages', the same as anyone else.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
Receiving Disability Support Pension
- 8-14hrs work capacity
- Have a permanent (or likely to be permanent) disability
Have a reduced capacity for communication, learning mobility
- Require ongoing potentially unending post placement support.
PEOPLE WITH BARRIERS TO EMPLOYMENT
- 15-29hrs work capacity
- Have an assessed work capacity of 15-29 hrs/wk, work at award wages (no SWS eligibility) and need only up to 2 years support.
- Are required to work as part of a Mutual obligation
- Require upward of 6 months maintenance support
- Require specialist assistance to find work